Happy week 2 of the One Room Challenge, everyone! Not much of a post today. This week I’ve been focused on something that’s not very exciting, but really crucial: editing.
Removing the excess things that I know I don’t want in the room. So far I’ve removed:
- three mirrors that will belong in a different room
- my photo printer and office printer! We found another home for them.
- a giant decorative frame
- various office supplies that I don’t use often
- a lamp that needs to be repaired
- a chair and an upholstered bench that didn’t quite fit right
It’s not the most exciting! But editing out the things that aren’t serving the space gives you a chance to reset the room. A blank canvas is so much easier to work with than a cluttered room!
So what are the steps we need to take to make this study space functional?
- finish editing my stuff and find a home for everything
- rearrange my rug so the door doesn’t catch on it
- moody accent wall — I’ve got a crazy experiment for this one!
- bring in some unkillable, don’t-need-too-much-sun plants
- hang artwork
- hang lights above reading chair
- optimize desktop and workspace for easy access
Also, I’m super excited about something I found at a local thrift store. Here’s a sneak peek at the piece…
See you next week with more of an update! In the meantime, go check out the other One Room Challenge projects here.
See the rest of the study / studio / studdio project!